NGS OnePrep™ Solution
Integrated and Automated DNA Extraction and Library Preparation with the Encompass Optimum™ Workstation
For Research Use Only, Not for In Vitro Diagnostics Use
The NGS OnePrep solution aims to streamline the separate and distinct processes of nucleic acid extraction and NGS library preparation. Existing methods are typically highly manual or require multiple instruments to automate DNA extraction and library preparation. Even “automated” methods for library preparation have disjointed, manual steps. Utilizing the Encompass Optimum workstation, sequence-ready libraries can be produced directly from the sample in just five hours and yield NGS sequence data and quality metrics indistinguishable from the more labor-intensive methods often employed by laboratory facilities.
- Significantly reduced hands-on time and total time-to-results
- Can process up to 24 samples in less than 5 hours
- Reduced intra- and inter-batch variability of NGS libraries
- Reduced lab footprint and capital equipment cost
Buccal swabs, saliva, fresh frozen tissue, whole blood, bacterial isolates
Compatible Library Prep Kits
Illumina Nextera DNA Flex
FFPE, ccfDNA sample types and additional third party Library Prep kits
NGS OnePrep Workflow
Collaborative data generated using the Rheonix method
For a full list of publications related to research and clinical testing please our publications page.
University at Buffalo
- DNA isolation and NGS Library Prep successfully performed on buccal swabs and whole blood using Illumina Nextera DNA Library Prep Kit
- Reduced manual procedure requiring 1.5 days to 5 hours using the automated method
- Quality metrics were indistinguishable between manual and automated methods
- Data presented at ASM NGS 2017
Zhu, H., et. al. (2017, October). Fully Automated DNA Isolation & NGS Library Preparation. Poster session presented at the 2nd ASM Conference on Rapid Applied Microbial Next-Generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics Pipelines, Washington, DC.
- FFPE controls obtained from AccuRef Diagnostics
- Preliminary results with Takara Bio ThruPLEX kits generated excellent quality scores and sequencing results
- Data presented at AMP 2018
Martin, P. (2018, October). A Fully Automated DNA-Seq workflow from FFPE blocks to Sequencing-Ready Libraries using SMARTer ThruPLEX. Oral presentation at workshop during the Annual Meeting of the Association of Molecular Pathology (AMP), San Antonio, TX.
- Sequenced libraries prepared from bacterial isolates by manual and automated methods yielded comparable results
- Automated DNA extraction and library prep demonstrated a 45% reduction in hands-on time and a 20% decrease in total time using Illumina Nextera XT kits
- Data presented at IAFP 2018
|Illumina Kit 1||
|Sequencing Prep 2||
|Total (all steps)||
1 Includes tagmentation, indexing, amplification and purification
2 Includes library QC check, normalization, pooling, denaturation and dilution
Raengpradub, S., et. al. (2018, July). Comparison of Automated and Manual Next Generation Sequencing Library Preparations for Analysis of Salmonella and Escherichia coli. Oral presentation at the Annual Meeting of the International Association of Food Protection (IAFP), Salt Lake City, UT.